Monday, January 4, 2010

My first post - Happy 2010

Hi! Welcome to my online sketchbook. I have no huge ambitions here - I plan simply to upload my latest drawings/paintings and maybe talk a bit about them and what inspired me whilst making them. I've been drawing as long as I can remember, working as a freelance artist for five years now. I couldn't help feeling it was a bit of a waste that the drawings inside my accruing stacks of sketchbooks may never again see the light of day - especially as, if I'm honest, I prefer drawing in my sketchbook to any other type of artistic activity. (Except carving Halloween lanterns). I draw quickly, and usually just in plain 2B pencil.

Ashby, my golden retriever cross labrador, along with my boyfriend Johnny, are the lucky people most often found gracing the pages. This is because they are aesthetically pleasing ; ) and found sitting around for long periods of time in our flat. Here is the first Ashby sketch of 2010:
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment