Saturday, February 27, 2010

Three pencil sketches

I drew these while I was staying at my parents house in Fife. I like to sketch people when they're concentrating on something, although it doesn't always lead to the most flattering portrait. My Dad was drawing leaves while I was drawing him - he's taking a botanical art course at the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh and had homework. Dad got fed up of drawing the leaf and started to draw Johnny, who developed a nice scowl ; ), so I turned my attention to him.

Yesterday there was heavy wet snow blown by a gale force north east wind, and the cats were hibernating by the wood burning stove. Louis, below, likes to be the centre of attention so he posed very nicely for me. I used a 2B pencil, a putty rubber, and my finger for smudging. Really, this is all you need to make a very nice drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment