Sunday, October 9, 2011

My lightswitches are black


...but I spent a productive hour drawing a self portrait. I wanted to see whether the exercise I plan to set my class on Tuesday is actually possible in the time they have. Take a coloured pastel and smudge it all over the page, draw a head with charcoal, remove highlights with a putty rubber. Make lots of mess and revel in it. No hand washing allowed (well they can if they like, but there's no point). I remember someone once challenging me to eat a sugary doughnut without licking my lips, it's the same sort of thing. Fight against the urge to make everything neat and clean. Some people find that more difficult than others!

ps. If I appear somewhat peaky in this photo it is possibly linked with the fact I was at my friends most excellent wedding reception last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment